Disable the What's New Page

SamErde
Disable the What's New Page

Post by SamErde » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:20 pm

Is there a setting that we can use to block the loading of the "What's New" page whenever a new version of Firefox (FrontMotion Community Edition) is deployed to our users?

jpa

Re: Disable the What's New Page

Post by jpa » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:59 pm

Haven't tried it but homepage_override_url.

Do an admin install
Set the above value to "ignore" in Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\firefox-branding.js

Let us know what happens. :D

You could check if the Frontmotion Community Edition lets you set this value via policy. I don't know if it does or not.

MonkeyBoy

Post by MonkeyBoy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:48 pm

The Community Edition does have both startup.homepage_override_url and browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone GPOs, located under System in Mozilla Advanced Options.

However if you just set the browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone GPO to Enable & with "ignore" in the text field, it won't open the "What's New" page after the upgrade. Or at least it did for me when for upgrading from CE 6.0.2 to CE 7.0.1. No administrative install needed, just set the GPO and install off the downloadable MSI.

Please keep up the good work, DraconPern. I've been a fan of your work for a while and finally got in a position to implement CE - and have been enormously impressed by the results.

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:25 am

Thank you!
FrontMotion Lead Developer