Deployment Help

estpierre
Deployment Help

Post by estpierre » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:28 am

We've been using FM for a while now and it's been working great but we've recently run into an issue. We run a Citrix environment so we install applications as the install user (change user /install), set everything we need and then run the execute command (change user /execute).

We've recently run into an issue where Firefox will not set itself as the default browser, even though Windows (2008 R2 SP1) is set with Firefox as the default. No matter what we do, the user still see's the "Make Firefox your default browser" button when going to Firefox>Options>Advanced. This is causing a problem with opening URL's from Office products (Outlook, Word, etc..). We've tried setting this as the install user during the setup, and this used to work in the past, but it doesn't appear to be working now.

Since we use a provisioning environment, our Citrix servers get refreshed every night, so even if a user clicks the button to set Firefox as their default browser it just goes back once the refresh happens.

I've tried just about everything I can think of, including installing in an OU that has no GPO's applied to it (I initially thought it was another GPO causing the issue, but it gave us the same problem in a fresh OU).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm just overlooking but I've run out of ideas at this point.

Thanks!

DraconPern
Site Admin

Re: Deployment Help

Post by DraconPern » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:40 am

Which version are you using?
FrontMotion Lead Developer

estpierre

Re: Deployment Help

Post by estpierre » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:01 am

We're currently running version 22.0. I've tried installing the latest version (26.0) as well as rolling back to the previous version we were on (19.0.2) but they all do the same thing.

EDIT: I have resolved the issue. A couple registry entries weren't setting correctly. After I used a GPO to manually set them everything appears to be working now.