Status?

jhuls
Status?

Post by jhuls » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:05 pm

Is this project dead?

As it stands now I can safely say this has been a disappointing experience thus far and am regretting asking my management to pay for this. Support here is next to zero it seems, requests for updated addons are not being heard, and updating the Firefox distro itself seems to be quite slow to happen.

I'm not expecting full blown enterprise support for the amount of money paid but to see my organization not really benefit from a service being advertised is what is disappointing. I previously posted here and never heard a thing.

http://forums.frontmotion.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=703

For those unaware those addons were requested because the ones in the packager service don't work with the 3.5.x version of Firefox. We went with the 3.0.x version then so we could use those extensions but nothing has progressed past the 3.0.13 version of Firefox.

All in all I appreciate the effort to do this since Mozilla seems to be doing nothing to fulfill these needs for deployment but I have to question the execution and if there is not any response to this will likely be moving on to figuring out another solution and not renewing this when the year is up.

DraconPern
Site Admin

Re: Status?

Post by DraconPern » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:26 pm

Ahh.. sorry about that, somehow my eyes just didn't see your thread. :( Extensions added!
FrontMotion Lead Developer