Quick shortcut to fast user switching

General impression, suggestions, ideas, etc.
benluey
Quick shortcut to fast user switching

Post by benluey » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:35 pm

I'm using Win XP Pro with domain logons, so windows' fast user switching doesn't work. I've got FMLogin setup with fast user switching, and it works fine (thanks! it is a great feature to have again). The process is just a little cumbersome. Before I had domain logins, I could select "switch user" and get to a logon prompt for the new user, and see a list of logged on users. Now, I have to hit "Windows-L" to lock the screen, click on switch user, and then type my logon name and the domain, etc. Is there a faster way to do this (a key-stroke to go do the lock screen + switch user)? Is it poosible to get a list of logged in users, for quicker re-logging?

Thanks -- it is great to have user switching with domain logons

Ben

nm2588

Post by nm2588 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:51 pm

Do you get your Login Scripts to run in your domain? I'm only getting our home directories to map.

daNIL

Re: Quick shortcut to fast user switching

Post by daNIL » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:59 pm

benluey wrote: Is it poosible to get a list of logged in users, for quicker re-logging?
Ben
yes, you can either check for task manager user tab (you can right click user and click on connect to switch to it), or run qwinsta.exe from command prompt to get the users list.

Jiellen_27

Re: Quick shortcut to fast user switching

Post by Jiellen_27 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:37 am

Today’s XP Tip and Trick is a pretty cool trick for Multi-User computers. I want to show you with this XP Tweak to create a desktop shortcut for fast user switching. This will able you to quickly access a second or third account while having the other session’s active in the background.