Trouble with Embedded movie clips.

General impression, suggestions, ideas, etc.
Kalean
Trouble with Embedded movie clips.

Post by Kalean » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:12 pm

Greetings, everyone.

I recently grabbed FMLogin 2.1, and I'm enjoying its capabilities quite thoroughly, but one thing seems to puzzle me quite a bit.

If I place a movie or audio file somewhere in the theme such as in the ctrl+alt+delete during Windows (FMSecurity) then they will play just fine.

However, if I attempt to have them start before the user has actually logged in to Windows - they do not attempt to play at all.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any thoughts on it?

I run on Windows XP Media Center Edition, with a gigabyte of ram, a 3200+ Athlon 64 Processor, etc. etc. My computer specs... not an issue.

Thanks for your time in advance!

-Kalean

DraconPern
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with Embedded movie clips.

Post by DraconPern » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:14 am

Are you embeding these movies and audio within the file?
FrontMotion Lead Developer

Kalean

Re: Trouble with Embedded movie clips.

Post by Kalean » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:47 pm

Yes, these movies and audio are embedded within the file. Again, they function quite properly if they're somewhere within the theme that occurs after the user has logged into windows, but if they're placed to play before that, ie: during the first frames of the theme before the 'log on' interface has shown up, they do not play.

I don't think this error is only mine, since it's occured on all the systems I've tested on, now, using windows XP.

Is there a possible workaround for this? FrontMotion Login is the only thing that would really let this be possible, that I've found, so it would be quite pleasing to me.

Thank you for your time,

Kalean