Adding Firefox Bookmarks with Group Policy

janetgotech@gmail.com
Adding Firefox Bookmarks with Group Policy

Post by janetgotech@gmail.com » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:36 am

Is there a way to add Firefox bookmarks by way of the firefox.adm or the mozilla.adm templates through Group Policy? I know it is possible with IE to indicate the bookmarks , but I was wondering if there was a similar option, I have not yet found it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:52 am

Oo... I don't think that's possible. I didn't even know you can do that with IE.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

janetgotech@gmail.com

Post by janetgotech@gmail.com » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:44 am

Indeed it is possible with IE through GPO.

Wil

Post by Wil » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:46 am

You can redirect where firefox looks for the bookmarks file:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.bookmarks.file
its in FrontMotion Mozilla.adm (1.4) under browser/browser.bookmarks.file (computer setting not user)
Then just modify the one bookmarks.html file and every one will get your change, but your users will share all booksmarks or will not be able to add their own. I find this great for Labs or Public systems but not so much for offices.

janetgotech@gmail.com

Redirecting bookmarks

Post by janetgotech@gmail.com » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:42 pm

I wonder if it would be possible in the near future to redirect Firefox's bookmarks.html to a URL that contains the bookmarks.html instead of storing it on the local computer. So far, I've stored the custom bookmarks.html in the C: drive for all my users to have the same bookmarks, but it would be nice to have it redirect to a URL.

SamErde

Re: firefox 3 vs. group policy

Post by SamErde » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:56 am

Rooper3546 wrote:Does Firefox 3 support deployment and administration through group policy?
The standard Mozilla release of Firefox 3 does not support deployment and administration through group policy. You would have to use FrontMotion's MSI and ADM templates to do so.

synthor

Re: Adding Firefox Bookmarks with Group Policy

Post by synthor » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:26 am

Don't know if it can add bookmarks also, but it works fine with a Win2k3 Server and the Frontmotion-MSI and XP/7-Clients.

Try the GPOforfirefox Firefox-Extension to apply/lock the settings you've made: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/51892/ :)