Auto Re-apply of Proxy, but not as Locked

Br_nar
Auto Re-apply of Proxy, but not as Locked

Post by Br_nar » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:12 am

Hi,

I want to configure the proxy settings to 'auto-detect proxy settings for this network' if users are on our internal network, but leave them with the ability to manually change this to something else if they are on the road.
However the setting should somehow automatically revert to 'auto-detect proxy'. Either at a predefined interval, or at browser restart, or user logon, or based on ip-range, or some other mechanism. I do not want to rely on the user for this.

I've currently set 'network.proxy.type = 4' using the ADM file, but this results in the setting being 'locked'.

For Internet Explorer, I've accomplished this by configuring the proxy using the following two GPO settings:
* Policies\Windows Settings\Internet Explorer Maintenance\Connection\Automatic Browser Configuration
* Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\System/Group Policy\Internet Explorer Maintenance policy processing\Process even if the Group Policy objects have not changed
By doing so, the setting is reverted to the default whenever the GPO is applied again (every 90 minutes).

Can this be achieved with FM Firefox CE? If not: can one of the above behaviours be integrated into a future version of FM Firefox CE?

Kind regards,
br_nar