FF5 CE & Group Policies

nath
FF5 CE & Group Policies

Post by nath » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 am

Hi,

The new FFCE 5.0 release doesn't seem to recognise / apply the locked settings in my group policies. Do we need an updated admin template - if so, where are these? I have been using the Firefox.adm template available on the FF CE download page which worked perfectly with 3.6, everything worked apart from locking the xpinstall policy and in this edition it seems hardly any locked policies I have pushed out are applying.

Regards

DraconPern
Site Admin

Re: FF5 CE & Group Policies

Post by DraconPern » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:42 pm

There was an updated firefox.adm and admx file a few month back. I just tested FFCE 5.0 on windows xp and didn't have any issues with locked settings. Can you check to see if the HKLM\Software\Policies key contains the Mozilla registry key?
FrontMotion Lead Developer

overloadnn

Post by overloadnn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:50 am

Same problem here. FF4 works well. FF5 (es-ar) does not apply locked policies.
I also noticed that the program was renamed from "Frontmotion Firefox" to "Mozilla Firefox".

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!

overloadnn

Post by overloadnn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:58 am

I downloaded the wrong package (MSI instead of CE).
Sorry :(

mar3k

Post by mar3k » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:59 am

Same problem here with FMFirefoxCE-5.0-de.msi and current adm. templates. I want to lock out installation of add-ons and extensions from an untrusted source. So my idea is to put a selection of add-ons which are approved by the it department on an local webserver for download. I want Firefox to install only from this host and from no other.
I have set these options:
xpinstall.whitelist.required = true
xpinstall.whitelist.add = internal-update-host
xpinstall.whitelist.add.103 = internal-update-host

I can see the registry entries in HKLM/Software/Policies/Mozilla but I still can click on add-ons in FF and download any add-on I want. Am I missing something or is this the same problem the OP has?

lioncub

Post by lioncub » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:52 pm

Please add options:

Code: Select all

print.always_print_silent: true/false
Who to write about this problems?

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:30 pm

According to http://ilias.ca/blog/2005/07/xpi-blocki ... ion-suite/ and some fiddling with firefox

Here's what I found

xpinstall.whitelist.required is set to true by default already.
xpinstall.whitelist.add just adds additional domains to the default of update.mozilla.org

So, I don't believe you can use those settings to lock out installation of add-ons. What we would need is something like xpinstall.whitelist.urls which unfortunately doesn't exist.
FrontMotion Lead Developer