Why nightly build image in about dialog 6.0.1 ?

Atze78
Why nightly build image in about dialog 6.0.1 ?

Post by Atze78 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:34 am

Hello,

sorry for my bad english !

Why is there the "nightly build" image in the about dialog ?

We deploy FF in our Company and i will not deploy nightly Builds .... so please explain me the reason why. I mean the 6.0.1 package.

many thanks !

br

DraconPern
Site Admin

Re: Why nightly build image in about dialog 6.0.1 ?

Post by DraconPern » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Mostly for historical reasons. The nightly build image (blue icons) were the graphics for any unofficial release. I chose to keep using those icons since 1) they are not copyrighted 2) users are familiar with it. Now I do like the nice Aurora icons though..
FrontMotion Lead Developer

Atze78

Post by Atze78 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:48 am

Sorry, but i don´t understand you. I mean the image in the about dialog. A final version with "nightly" image is not ok ! our users in our company will be confused when they see this.

you understand me ?

br

teresem7

Post by teresem7 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:26 am

Since it is not Mozilla's official version of Firefox, they cannot put the tradition icon that you would see because it is copyrighted. Only Mozilla has rights to use that image. DraconPern explained it perfectly, get someone to translate it for you if you still don't understand. Frontmotion Firefox is not an official version of Firefox so it is illegal to use the icon.
A nightly build icon on the about dialog is a small price to pay for the benefits this package of Firefox has to offer for deployment in a network environment.