url is not valid and cannot be loaded Firefox CE 6.0.2

farmers
url is not valid and cannot be loaded Firefox CE 6.0.2

Post by farmers » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:09 pm

I'm getting a popup box saying "url is not valid and cannot be loaded" on HTTPS sites. I've only test on a couple we host locally and are self-signed. These are upgraded from one of the 5.x versions. These machines generally don't need secure site access, but I will need it on other machines, so I was wondering if anyone had a fix for this. Not of the fixes I can find do anything. I also noticed another thread but wasn't sure if I should post there or create another. If a moderator wants to merge with that one, that is fine. Thanks.

EDIT: This apparently is only with self-signed certificates. I logged into GMail just fine at least. I have two server on-site that use self-signed certificates. One isn't technically valid (expiration date), but the other definitely is. Both work on other machines, but those are still on 3.6.x

EDIT: If I go to Tools->Options->Advanced->Encryption Tab->Select View Certificates->Add Exceptioon, then the site will work as intended.

Is there a way to add that in GP or a file to edit?

farmers

Re: url is not valid and cannot be loaded Firefox CE 6.0.2

Post by farmers » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:35 am

It's working correctly again in Firefox CE 7.0.1. Just FYI, we also had an issue with RSS feeds in CE6.0.2, also, but that is working now again in CE7.0.1.

Thanks!