Extensions Disabled after CE 9.0.1 Install

msg6
Extensions Disabled after CE 9.0.1 Install

Post by msg6 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Hello,
I built a package for 9.0.1 CE that includes three extensions that are all compatible for 9.0.1 but the extensions are still diabled on the install. I have been trying like crazy to get Firefox to deploy with global extensions installed. The last time I did a corporate rollout of Firefox I used the standard front motion MSI which was version 3.0.10 at the time. the -install-global-extension switch worked and it was a breeze. Now I am trying things like installing 3.5 with the the global extensions switch and then upgrade to 9.0.1 and the extensions are still disabled. I tried the extensions.checkcombatability.9.0.1 preference and that doesn't prevent the extensions from being disabled on upgrade. I thought for sure if I built a custom package for CE 9.0.1 with the extensions included in the MSI they would be enabled on launch. They are not. PLEASE HELP!!!

vtk

Re: Extensions Disabled after CE 9.0.1 Install

Post by vtk » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:57 pm

msg6: check out my post here: http://forums.frontmotion.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1264 thanks to CGirardy we may have a solution to this one. Please report back any findings on my post!

Thx,
--vtk