Error Installing FMFirefoxCE 9.0.1 on one machine

DelayedSyn
Error Installing FMFirefoxCE 9.0.1 on one machine

Post by DelayedSyn » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:50 am

I should just reload the machine and be done with it, but everything else on the machine works perfectly. I have a feeling there's a bad key in the registry, but I'm not sure where to look. I am pushing 9.0.1 through GPO, and on this one particular machine, which I remember there being an installation issue with a long time ago, I get the following in the Windows Application Log:

Event 1001, MSI Installer
Detection of product '{D55AB980-BBEF-4536-AB73-11DEA7F32A03}', feature 'F_FirefoxMain' failed during request for component '{DCBB853D-5D2C-43E8-A033-5F82FAC0FFD6}'

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, but I just get a "Fatal Error During Installation" when trying to reinstall. I deleted the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\AppMgmt" hoping that would refresh all of the group policy stuff, but no luck there.

Just curious if anyone has come across this; it seems to be a corruption issue somewhere on this particular machine; I have the same MSI installed on 30+ other machines with no issues.

DelayedSyn

Re: Error Installing FMFirefoxCE 9.0.1 on one machine

Post by DelayedSyn » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:45 am

I ended up removing all instances of "Mozilla" and/or "Firefox" in the registry and it got it cleaned up enough to let me reinstall successfully.