Firefox and Adobe Flash

anthonymel
Firefox and Adobe Flash

Post by anthonymel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:07 pm

I know that FrontMotion Firefox no longer comes with Flash built in but I'm going to throw this question out there anyway.

Does anyone else experience a lot of crashes with FrontMotion Firefox when it comes to Adobe Flash content. It also seems from what I can tell to be an issue that gets worse or at least more noticeable with each FrontMotion Firefox release. For instance if we have a fresh machine and deploy 10.0.2 to it Adobe Flash doesn't really crash. However when 11.0 comes out it will start crashing.

Maybe this has to do with the install process and the way it cleans up folders and files?

Any ideas?

MonkeyBoy

Re: Firefox and Adobe Flash

Post by MonkeyBoy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:15 pm

I run a plain Firefox 10 on my desktop, and I've noticed Flash content crashing a lot more often under recent releases.

I don't know whether to point the finger at Adobe or Mozilla, but I guess my point is that Flash content is inherently less stable than it used to be.

In fact it often brings my desktop to a screeching halt until I end the plugin container process.

anthonymel

Re: Firefox and Adobe Flash

Post by anthonymel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:26 pm

I hated the fact that they created the plugin container at all. Used to feel more stable back in the day. I heard rumors that Firefox might just back Flash into in a sandbox like Chrome does. I hope that leads to stability fixes.