Configuring pop up settings

TC-1927
Configuring pop up settings

Post by TC-1927 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:40 am

Hello,

I am trying to configure frontmotion firefox to allow pop ups for specific websites (education city). I have imported firefox.adm and mozilla.adm into GP management. Can this be done?

I see the following settings:

dom.popup_allowed_events
dom.popup_maximum
browser.popups.showpopupblocker

Are these what I'm looking for - and how are they configured?

Many Thanks

S2008r2
Nightly 17.0.1

MonkeyBoy

Re: Configuring pop up settings

Post by MonkeyBoy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Those are for configuring the browser's default settings regarding popups - what kind of events (mouseover, submit, etc.) are allowed to create a popup window, how many popup windows those events can generate, and whether the blocker is supposed to alert the user to popups its blocked. Unless you want to blanket-allow all popups (or blanket disallow all popups), those aren't the settings you need to use. If the setting is available it should be a per-user setting and not a system setting.

The next time I'm in my FMF managed network I'll poke around and see if I can find a setting, but you may need to make an administrative install and modify the default user to include your setting (or pay for the packaging service and do the same thing in the MSI), or modify the existing user's profile in some way. My usual method for finding settings is to open Firefox, go to about:config, find the setting that contains the data I need to modify, then look for it in AD.