FF-CE 19.0.2 wont deploy via GPO

toast77
FF-CE 19.0.2 wont deploy via GPO

Post by toast77 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:10 am

I have been using the FF-CE version for deployment via GPO.
now the 19.0.2 version will not deploy.
I had been just changing the software package in the GPO and the new version would deploy. Any issues with 19.0.2???

DragonHawk

Re: FF-CE 19.0.2 wont deploy via GPO

Post by DragonHawk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:42 pm

toast77 wrote:I have been using the FF-CE version for deployment via GPO.
now the 19.0.2 version will not deploy.
I had been just changing the software package in the GPO and the new version would deploy. Any issues with 19.0.2???
Please explain "will not deploy". Do you get an error message? If so, when -- when you try to add the MSI package to the GPO, when you try to assign the GPO, then the GPO tries to process during computer startup, during installation, ...? What do the logs say? What version(s) of Windows are you using?

-- Ben

toast77

Post by toast77 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:53 pm

no error message appears. If I am on a machine that is in the OU with the GPO applied to it. (The same machine I have used for previous testing)
and I run the gpupdate \force command the machine then prompts for a reboot. Nothing is updated upon login.
Currently running FF-CE 19.0 after the update and reboot still running FF-CE 19.0
This is currently being tested on Win XP SP3, but also will need to deploy to WIN7_64 as it has in the past.

Any suggestions?

-- Ryan

DragonHawk

Post by DragonHawk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:27 pm

toast77 wrote:and I run the gpupdate \force command the machine then prompts for a reboot. Nothing is updated upon login. Currently running FF-CE 19.0 after the update and reboot still running FF-CE 19.0 This is currently being tested on Win XP SP3, but also will need to deploy to WIN7_64 as it has in the past.
Check Event Viewer to see if the the new assignment happened, and then if the install ran. There should be clues as to where it went wrong. If you see no log messages relating to the GPO at all, then the computer doesn't think the GPO applies. If that happens, check RSOP or the output of GPRESULT, to make sure the computer is seeing the GPOs you expect it to.