Firefox CE 21.0 Problems (xpinstall.enabled, navigation-bar)

msaretz
Firefox CE 21.0 Problems (xpinstall.enabled, navigation-bar)

Post by msaretz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:03 am

Dear board-users,

I'm having Problems with Version 21.0(German Version). The Function xpinstall.enabled doesn't work with GPO. The solution with greprefs.js(http://forums.frontmotion.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1415) works fine in Version 20.0.1 but has no effect in Version 21.0.

There is also a Problem with the addon-site. You don't get the german Addon-side when searching Addons and if you go to Addons and go back to a website-tab the navigationbar doesn't appear.

Does anyone know how to fix the xpinstall problem and if the addon/navigationbar-problem is also in FF21(normal Edition)?

Thanks in advance!

msaretz

Re: Firefox CE 21.0 Problems (xpinstall.enabled, navigation-

Post by msaretz » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:46 am

Hey guys,

I could solve the issue myself. Here is the solution(works for Version 20 and higher) but the problems with the Navigation bar still exist:

1. Download(I was not allowed to upload, please write me and I will send the files) Firefox.admx and adml (adml and admx is only for Win Vista, Win7, Win Server 2008, Win Server 2008R2 and higher) and
2. copy admx to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions and
3. adml to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\de-DE (please choose your own language-folder)
4. copy greprefs.js to ProgramFiles (x86)\Mozilla Firefox of your computer/s.
5. Edit the GPO local with gpedit.msc or on a Server 2008 with Group Policy Management Console and enable 'Disable XPI Installs' enabled.
6. Proof the result.

I have also a complete Installation package(FF20.0.1) for Matrix or as standalone that copies the greprefs.js to the Folder and creates the 'normal' Mozilla Firefox Icons on Desktop and StartMenu. It's suitable for XP and higher. If you want it please write me.

Maybe Frontmotion wants to have my admx and adml file and adds the necessary line to greprefs.js.

Here's my way:
I converted the Firefox.adm to admx so that I could test on my Windows 7 Computer without old templates(also suitable for Server 2008).
Then I copied admx to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions

and

adml to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\de-DE (please choose your own language-folder).

I saw that if I set 'Diable XPI Installs' in user section the user will be asked if he wants to allow the Installation.
In the Computer section it had no effect.

When 'Diable XPI Installs' is enabled in the Computer section it creates a key in HKLM\Software\Policies\Mozilla\Firefox DWORD XPIInstall 1.
If deactivated the key was deleted.
I changed the value to 0 and voila it works.
Now I edited the admx again and inserted the key for 'Disable XPI Installs' enabled': HKLM\Software\Policies\Mozilla\Firefox DWORD XPIInstall 0

and

for disabled HKLM\Software\Policies\Mozilla\Firefox DWORD XPIInstall 1.

But if you don't have the line 'pref("xpinstall.enabled", false);' in your greprefs.js in Mozilla Firefox program path this will not work.
So you need to insert this line in the //XPInstall prefs section.

aLong901143

Post by aLong901143 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Dear All,

Currently I'm using the firefox frontmotion Ce.21.0 and having problem with navigation bar . the 'back' button cannot use.So I need to use the right click to choose the previous page. Kindly Help me.

Thank You very Much.

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:25 am

Working on the issues, it's also why the downloads have been removed.
FrontMotion Lead Developer