Potential problem with v28?

jwiens
Potential problem with v28?

Post by jwiens » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:15 pm

I deployed v28 today to about 200 machines via SCCM. After deployment an weird problem appeared on at least two of the machines and may be more widespread (don't know yet until more users call).

When the user opens Firefox, no web pages can be accessed. It just spins and spins and acts like it's working but the web page never loads. At first I thought it was a proxy issue (we don't use one) but I checked the settings and it's turned off. If we completely reset the browser it works again until the user closes the browser then reopens it. Then, the problem reoccurs all over again. I even deleted all the user directories for Mozilla (i.e. \users\xxx\local, roaming) and the same thing occurs. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the browser to no effect.

We've never had any trouble before until now. Very odd. I'm not sure what to do except to uninstall v28 and roll back to v27 until I figure out what's going on.

I'm open to any troubleshooting ideas.

Thanks!
-Jeff

DraconPern
Site Admin

Re: Potential problem with v28?

Post by DraconPern » Thu May 01, 2014 2:03 am

Is it the community edition you are having trouble with?
FrontMotion Lead Developer

jwiens

Post by jwiens » Fri May 02, 2014 12:41 pm

No, it was the normal version. However, after much testing, it didn't appear limited to the specific packing here because even the v28 from the Mozilla web site misbehaved in our environment. I'm completely baffled. But the good news is v29 seems to work great. I don't know what was up with v28 but at this point I don't care as long as v29 is working.

I did a lot of searching and there weren't any mass complaints about v28 so perhaps it was something specific about my environment. Who knows...

fluluk

Post by fluluk » Wed May 07, 2014 3:01 pm

I have the same problem with the Community Edition on many Clients.
Its really weird at the moment because I had to disable IE because the last security problem and now i don't have a working browser on many clients.
when will v29 CE be ready?