GPO - Install FIREFOX 32 - Error code 2324

garsducalvados
GPO - Install FIREFOX 32 - Error code 2324

Post by garsducalvados » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:31 am

Hello

Frist excuse me for my english.

He try to deploy FIREFOX with GPO. I downlod the version on the FrontMotion WebSite.

I realize some test on PC of test (two) and i have no problem.

So with this result, i try on a user computer.

The computer restart, Firefox install, but when i start FIREFOX, i have a 2324 message code error.

With this problem I roll back my snapshot on my computer test and try to deploy FIREFOX with the user i have on the production computer.
FIREFOX install and when I execute FIREFOX i have no problem. So the problem is not the autorization on the share but on the user computer.

Do you have this problem? Can you help me?

Thanks for your help,

.Matt

garsducalvados

Re: GPO - Install FIREFOX 32 - Error code 2324

Post by garsducalvados » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:31 am

Hello,

When i launch FIREFOX for the first time, i have this error message :

I have this message in the event viewer :

.Matt

MHX

Post by MHX » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:33 am

I just downloaded FirefoxCE-32.0.1-de.msi and installed it on a test machine.
Install finishes, then I start Firefox and I also get the same error message with error code 2324.

Previous installed version was FirefoxCE-25.0.1-de.msi which was fine (as several other versions before, too).

Do others also have this error?
Will the latest v32.0.3 get published?

More info:
Symantec Endpoint Protection blocked updater.exe in Firefox folder because of detection of suspicious code (Suspicious.Cloud.AM reported). I do not know if that affected the installation - I will set up a new test machine with the old state next week and retest the upgrade with disabled Symantec.
After deinstallation of Symantec and Firefox 32.0.1, reboot and new installation of Firefox 32.0.1 it now starts fine. Let's see what the new test next week will show...

Thanks
Michael

blackbee045

Post by blackbee045 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:42 pm

The computer restart, Firefox install, but when i start FIREFOX, i have a 2324 message code error.

With this problem I roll back my snapshot on my computer test and try to deploy FIREFOX with the user i have on the production computer.
FIREFOX install and when I execute FIREFOX i have no problem. So the problem is not the autorization on the share but on the user computer.

Do you have this problem? Can you help me????

Bazinalol

Post by Bazinalol » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:14 am

Hi,

Thanks for feedback. I have also Endpoint. When i see it i dont deploy this new version lol.

This is the package known as malware or a composant ? Did you autorise .msi in endpoint manager and tried it ?

GHopkins

Post by GHopkins » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:34 pm

This is still an issue. Endpoint from symantec is quarantining updater as being infected. Then the install fails with a missing file error code 2324. Is there a work around for this? This is occurring in release 32.0.3 and 33.0 which is the latest.

MHX

Post by MHX » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:43 am

We could only solve this by adding the updater.exe in Symantec Endpoint Admin Console as whitelisted (allowed). We have two sites, and it only occurs on one site - there we whitelisted the file and deployed Firefox then successfully (otherwise it was not possible), on the other site with Symantec no such problem. I don't know why, important for us is that we were finally able to deploy Firefox...