cannot run as regular user after upgrade

anthonymel

Post by anthonymel » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:46 pm

It works fine now on a new domain member/clean install. I have to say your staff is dedicated with this project and Firefox will continue to be used on our network.

There could be some large-scale success with this project. I hope that this will come one day.

Good luck.

lcohen999

Post by lcohen999 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:07 am

it....WORKS!!!!!

with current users et. all!!!!!!!!

Thank you and keep up the good work!

raldridge

still doesn't work

Post by raldridge » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:54 am

When this version is pushed down to my workstations that already have Firefox Comm Edition, when you try to launch it, nothing happens.

govman

Post by govman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:58 pm

I am having the same issues as raldridge.

govman

Post by govman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:23 pm

Ok, got it working. It seems the previouys version had left something behind. I uninstalled the program, did a local drive search for Firefox, and deleted everythin it found. I then did a Registry search for Firefox, and deleted everythin it found.
I then reinstalled 1.0.7.1 ce and it now works on all profiles.

nineworlds

Post by nineworlds » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:34 pm

Same problem as raldridge - deploy 1.0.7.1 via AD and users can't launch it. If I uninstall it (again via AD), 1.0.6 works fine.

- Iain.

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:10 pm

govman wrote:Ok, got it working. It seems the previouys version had left something behind. I uninstalled the program, did a local drive search for Firefox, and deleted everythin it found. I then did a Registry search for Firefox, and deleted everythin it found.
I then reinstalled 1.0.7.1 ce and it now works on all profiles.
Do you happen to remember which Directory and key you removed? It seems like the problem only affects a small number of sites and it only happens after some sequence of actions. Trying to figure out what it is.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

nineworlds

Post by nineworlds » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:36 am

Mine is now working fine - turned out to be a problem with compreg.dat. I'm not sure whether this had any root in the Frontmotion MSI, but I suspect not. It seems to be deploying fine now.

Thanks!

raldridge

Post by raldridge » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:22 pm

Mine still doesn't work correctly - what is the "compreg.dat"?

Thanks

nineworlds

Post by nineworlds » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:21 pm

raldridge wrote:Mine still doesn't work correctly - what is the "compreg.dat"?
compreg.dat is the component registry - it's held in the profile. I found that by creating a new profile (admittedly a fairly basic test whenever Firefox has problems), 1.0.7 worked fine. I then put files back from the original profile until Firefox failed to start. Seems 1.0.7 didn't like something in my profile, because other users upgraded OK.

- Iain.