new questions

rmartes
new questions

Post by rmartes » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie trying deploy Firefox via GPO to about 900 computers in my organization. However, I have a few questions. For starters, where do I find the admx amd adml files? I downloaded the latest FMfirefoxCE msi file, so do I installed that on my server first?

Thanks

trockenasche

Re: new questions

Post by trockenasche » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:48 am

You can find the ADMX templates on the end of the download page http://frontmotion.com/FMFirefoxCE/down ... efoxce.htm

northbayteky

Post by northbayteky » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Once you download the msi listed on that page, how do you get the adm file?

It's not obvious to me and after reading about using adm files to configure/lock down Firefox, my ears perked up. I've done this with Chrome browser, so I really want to see how well Firefox plays with group policy.
When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

MonkeyBoy

Post by MonkeyBoy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:12 pm

The ADM/ADMX files are separate downloads on the same page you downloaded the MSI. Scroll down to the very bottom of that page.

If you need help installing the ADM/ADMX files after downloading, Google should be your friend. Basically you just need to copy them to a particular directory on your server, but depending on what version of Windows the server is running the path may vary (hence Google).