Duplicate windows when set as default

Fuzzy
Duplicate windows when set as default

Post by Fuzzy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:47 pm

I have a client who is using the FirefoxCE 37.0.2 set as the default browser.
The Operating system is windows 7 SP1 patched to current patches from Microsoft.
The browser will launch two windows if a .HTML file is opened in windows explorer or if a hyperlink is clicked in outlook.
I have tested this on stand alone windows 7 machines and have found it to launch the duplicate windows in version 30, 37 and 38 of the software when set as default.
I have attempted to remove all references to Mozilla from the user profiles and the user hive but this has not made any difference to the effect of two windows being launched.
I was hoping to get some ideas on the best troubleshooting or tips on how to fix this issue

MHX

Re: Duplicate windows when set as default

Post by MHX » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:57 am

We have the same from time to time for some users.

The solution is to open Internet Explorer, set IE as default browser, close it and then open Firefox and re-set Firefox as default browser.

I have not logged what registry keys get changed in order to find what the problem is. But this is the only way we know how to solve he problem. I believe this has nothing to do with Frontmotion Firefox, but with Firefox in general as you can find similar questions from others with Google.

Fuzzy

Re: Duplicate windows when set as default

Post by Fuzzy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Great thank you. I will do some more research. :)