Firefox ADM and ConsoleOne 1.3.3

steghombre
Firefox ADM and ConsoleOne 1.3.3

Post by steghombre » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:10 am

Hi all,

Seems like there are some Zenworks people out there so I thought I'd ask here. The ADM supplied available on the FM site does not seem to work with C1 1.3.3 (from ZfD 3.x). When I add it to the user extensible policy ADMs, all I see is "Default User", no options. I took a look at some of the ADMs that came with C1 and the only obvious syntax difference I can see is that categories are preceeded by !!. I tried modifying the FM ADM to look like the others but that had no effect. Any suggestions/ideas?

Also, while I'm posting about the ADM, I was hoping to be able to modify the default location for FF's cache, which < 1.5 was not under Local Settings and so was included in the user's roaming profile. Is this still necessary or has it been moved?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:40 am

Is it possible the mozilla.adm file is too large?

I haven't used zfd 3.x, but there shouldn't be any option under 'default user'. e.g HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT.

Instead, they should be under either local machine or by individual user.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

Heinz_Kizzvelvet

Re: Firefox ADM and ConsoleOne 1.3.3

Post by Heinz_Kizzvelvet » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:03 am

steghombre wrote:Hi all,

Seems like there are some Zenworks people out there so I thought I'd ask here. The ADM supplied available on the FM site does not seem to work with C1 1.3.3 (from ZfD 3.x).When I add it to the user extensible policy ADMs, all I see is "Default User", no options. I took a look at some of the ADMs that came with C1 and the only obvious syntax difference I can see is that categories are preceeded by !!. I tried modifying the FM ADM to look like the others but that had no effect. Any suggestions/ideas?
Haven't used ZENworks 3.x and 'User Extensible Policies' for a few years now. it's all "Group Policy" now!!! Which version is it? ZENworks for Desktops 3 or ZENworks for Desktops 3.2? Now, because you're using 'User Extensible Policies' still, these .adm templates may not be supported? I'd probably suggest you look upgrading your ZENworks software to a later version.
Certified Novell Administrator (CNA) NetWare 6

steghombre

Post by steghombre » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:48 am

It is 3.0. We are planning to update this year but it'll be the whole 9 yards so... Oh well, I can live without the templates I suppose. The main problem was the location of the cache with respect to the users' profile and that's been corrected in the default profile as of 1.5 (I think).

Heinz_Kizzvelvet

Post by Heinz_Kizzvelvet » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:58 am

Ok, I'm currently associating the new Mozilla.adm 1.3 template to a "Workstation Package" Policy and not via a "User Package" Policy. I had a few issues getting the policies to come down with a "User Package" Policy, so I switched. However, you'll need your workstations imported. If you use Workstation import with ZEN, test this out, and let us know.

"ZEN 3.0" is officially called "ZENworks for Desktops". You may want to apply Support Pack 1a temporarily. It does mention something on User Extensible Policies;

ZENworks 3 Support Pack 1a - TID2960463 (last modified 23NOV2001)
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/searc ... 960463.htm

I'm currently running ZFD 7.
Certified Novell Administrator (CNA) NetWare 6