Getting rid of the "You've updated Firefox!" page

Trippynet
Getting rid of the "You've updated Firefox!" page

Post by Trippynet » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:31 am

Hello,

I'm looking at deploying FrontMotion Firefox where I work. I've run some tests and all seems to be well with one main exception. The problem is that the users here do not have permenant user profiles as it's a university and all of the PCs are public machines to be used by hundreds of different students.

Now that's not a problem in itself, but it is a problem as the first time Firefox 1.5 is run by a user, it ignores the proper home page and instead displays the "you’re running the latest version of Firefox" page instead. As user's profiles aren't saved, every time someone logs on, this message re-appears. Is there any way of disabling it through mozilla.adm? I've had a good look, but can't see any obvious options for it.

Many thanks,

Dave.

PS. Thanks for such a great modification of Firefox :)

Trippynet

Post by Trippynet » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:50 am

Right, managed to get it working (with some help from MozillaZine). This only works if you're enforcing a homepage, but if you set startup.homepage_override_url to the required homepage along with browser.startup.page to 1 and browser.startup.homepage also to the required homepage then the "You've updated!" page never shows and the correct homepage loads regardless of whether the user has an existing profile or not.

Just for reference and all that!

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:13 pm

Thanks for the tip!
FrontMotion Lead Developer