Firefox CE, and user profiles

joshbuss
Firefox CE, and user profiles

Post by joshbuss » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:43 am

Hello, my name is Joshua Buss. I am new to runing Firefox in the corporate enviorment, and I am currently running Frontmotion's FireFox Community Edition, with the ADM templates installed on my active directory server.

Now I love how this is working, flawlessly, but I also run a program called DeepFreeze by Faronics. This program deletes all system changes and any file modifications on the local machines upon a reboot. This poses a problem, because the FireFox profiles are wiped everytime. I do have Homefolders through my active directory server.

My question is this, is there ANY way to make the user's FireFox profile, run from the user's homedrive?

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:16 am

Unfortunately, not at the moment. You can only specify bookmark, cache, etc., but not the profile.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

Trippynet

Post by Trippynet » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:53 am

You might be able to make it work using a logon and logoff script which copies their profile from and to their home drive when they use a system. If you aren't bothered about retaining most of the settings, it's quite simple to fool Firefox into thinking that an existing profile exists upon logon simply by creating a few folders in %userprofile% and adding a modified profiles.ini file. This is what I've done at my place of work with a login script and as a result, this kills such annoyances as the "import wizard" etc.