Can't assign package

sparky
Can't assign package

Post by sparky » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:20 pm

I'm trying to assign Firefox 1.5.0.1 to a computer lab, and the GPMC says:

"Add operation failed. Unable to extract deployment information from the package. Run validation on the package to ensure that the package is correct."

Any ideas? I don't want to publish it to users because the lab keeps it as a controlled environment for testing. We haven't used Group Policy for software deployment before, and I'd rather break 10s of computers than hundreds if I apply it to a large group of users and something goes wrong. I am assigning J2SE and Thunderbird successfully, so my other (admittedly limited number of) packages are working, and only FireFox is failing.

All domain controllers are Windows Server 2003 SP1, and the fileserver that the MSI package is residing on is Windows Server 2003 R2. I've tried assigning the package from my Windows XP SP2 desktop PC, the file server, and a domain controller. I'm using GPMC 1.02 on all computers.

Thanks!

rdieter

Re: Can't assign package

Post by rdieter » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:37 am

sparky wrote:I'm trying to assign Firefox 1.5.0.1 to a computer lab, and the GPMC says:

"Add operation failed. Unable to extract deployment information from the package. Run validation on the package to ensure that the package is correct."
Thanks!
WORKSFORME. I'd suggest redownloading the .msi, maybe you have a corrupt download.