Firefox 1.5.0.5 ETA?

quantum00
Firefox 1.5.0.5 ETA?

Post by quantum00 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:20 pm

What is the ETA on this?

Doesn't matter what the answer is, I just need to plan accordingly.

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:34 am

It is out.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

Gurgelhals

Post by Gurgelhals » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:00 am

When will the 1505 community edition be out?
And another thing: http://forums.frontmotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=307 <- here I still have an open question - if you can't do anything about the issue, I will contact Mozilla then, so just say, if the error is at your side or at Mozilla's.
Thank you

sancomp

Post by sancomp » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:02 pm

Gurgelhals wrote:And another thing: http://forums.frontmotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=307 <- here I still have an open question - if you can't do anything about the issue, I will contact Mozilla then, so just say, if the error is at your side or at Mozilla's.
Thank you
I just tried this setting with a standard Firefox install using WetDog for group policy support and it didn't crash the browser. It forced Firefox to open the "Clear Personal Data" dialog box at startup, however. Not sure if this is what you were looking for... but at least we can say there is no crash with the standard Fx install and this setting.

Gurgelhals

Post by Gurgelhals » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:14 am

Thanks sancomp. How did you set the ...sanitize...-setting before the first start, did you modify the default profile?

sancomp

Post by sancomp » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:33 am

Gurgelhals wrote:Thanks sancomp. How did you set the ...sanitize...-setting before the first start, did you modify the default profile?
No. I just set it through group policy. WetDog is a different approach to group policy management of Firefox and not quite as complete as the FrontMotion approach. The main difference is that WetDog is an application that needs to run at startup (like in a login script) in order for settings to take effect. The upside is that it works with the official distribution of Firefox. I just used it to try out your problem and see if it happened doing it that way as well.

Gurgelhals

Post by Gurgelhals » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:38 am

Thanks very much.
I not 100% sure, but it seems to be a problem with the community edition version. Maybe it gets solved sometime, our users will survive it until then;)