2.0.0.1 Won't install on one workstation

SideshowMel
2.0.0.1 Won't install on one workstation

Post by SideshowMel » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:19 pm

I've deployed FFCE 2.0.0.1 successfully on several machines.

I had 2.0 installed before, and I set the 2.0.0.1 to uninstall the old one and install the new one (because I had it set to upgrade over the existing one, but fresh installs weren't working, so I changed it and now it works fine on all but one machine).

Anyways, it very weird... I have just ONE workstation that won't take 2.0.0.1 for some reason. I've tried uninstalling FFCE completely, running gpupdate and rebooting several times. I checked in the GP Manager on the domain controller and the machine in question is in the proper OU (all other machines in the same OU have 2.0.0.1 installed fine) and inheritance for that OU is not blocked. I checked and verified the 2.0.0.1 GPO was set as the highest priority (so as to override 2.0). Any suggestions?

odogg

Post by odogg » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:56 am

Hi there,
to check if the policy worked i would use "gpresult" on the workstation and check the eventlog on the workstation too.
Oh and btw did you check the system time on the workstation?
Best Regards
odogg

mnpg

Re: 2.0.0.1 Won't install on one workstation

Post by mnpg » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:07 am

SideshowMel wrote:I've deployed FFCE 2.0.0.1 successfully on several machines.

I had 2.0 installed before, and I set the 2.0.0.1 to uninstall the old one and install the new one (because I had it set to upgrade over the existing one, but fresh installs weren't working, so I changed it and now it works fine on all but one machine).

Anyways, it very weird... I have just ONE workstation that won't take 2.0.0.1 for some reason. I've tried uninstalling FFCE completely, running gpupdate and rebooting several times. I checked in the GP Manager on the domain controller and the machine in question is in the proper OU (all other machines in the same OU have 2.0.0.1 installed fine) and inheritance for that OU is not blocked. I checked and verified the 2.0.0.1 GPO was set as the highest priority (so as to override 2.0). Any suggestions?
Check the event log > application.
You can find more infos about the deployment of FFCE.

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:53 pm

Looking at the date of the post, you may have gotten a package that had problems for a few people. A fixed package was posted earlier this month. Can you redownload and redeploy?
FrontMotion Lead Developer