Automatic login on intranet sites

awarberg
Automatic login on intranet sites

Post by awarberg » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:58 pm

Hi

We are using IE6 and its automatic login to our gain intranet site access. This was setup using Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Security -> Local Intranet -> where we added our sites. Additionally the security setting for user authentication is set to "Automatic logon in the intranet zone" (I believe this is a default behaviour for IE).

As a result, whenever we browse to our password protected intranet sites, windows automatically tries to use the logged-in users credentials to gain access. Since the user is in active directory, access will be granted.

Is it possible to enable a similar feature in Firefox / FFCE with adm's? At the moment Firefox would present us with an "enter username and password box" in which we must re-enter our logon credentials to gain access. Although it is possible to save the credentials, 1) the box is always presented and 2) password changes for the AD user are not reflected giving rise to confusion, in short this is counter-productive and we need automatic logon (ie. single sign-on).

Do you have any ideas?

Regards
Andreas

awarberg

Ups... I found the answer myself!

Post by awarberg » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:10 pm

Actually this was already implemented. I found the setting network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris in Mozilla Advanced Options (mozilla.adm).

When activated, it takes a comma separated list of server names (eg. 192.168.1.2,FILESERVER), for which automatic logins should be attempted. It works just like with IE.

More info here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.autom ... usted-uris

Regards
Andreas

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:50 pm

Thanks for posting. :)
FrontMotion Lead Developer