Version 2.0.0.2 Released

DraconPern
Site Admin
Version 2.0.0.2 Released

Post by DraconPern » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:46 pm

Packages for 2.0.0.2 has been released.

New for this release include an updated firefox.adm and fixes so that all settings in it can be used.

Note that the 'Profile Manager' shortcut no longer works as it was removed by the Firefox project. It will be removed on the next release.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

CGirardy

Re: Version 2.0.0.2 Released

Post by CGirardy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:45 am

DraconPern wrote:Packages for 2.0.0.2 has been released.

New for this release include an updated firefox.adm and fixes so that all settings in it can be used.

Note that the 'Profile Manager' shortcut no longer works as it was removed by the Firefox project. It will be removed on the next release.
Hi DragonPern,
I've tried to build a package but it keeps saying quequed....
Is there a problem with the packager ?

Thank

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:24 am

Looks like it. Let me fix it and get back to you.

CGirardy

Post by CGirardy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:44 pm

DraconPern wrote:Looks like it. Let me fix it and get back to you.
BTW, I hope you're going well.
Thanks a lot.

CGirardy

Post by CGirardy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:55 am

And they just released v2.0.0.3............ :evil:

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:37 pm

Well, the build system is working... And it looks like I am going to have to get started working on 2.0.0.3.

CGirardy

Post by CGirardy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:14 am

DraconPern wrote:Well, the build system is working... And it looks like I am going to have to get started working on 2.0.0.3.
Yep... Thanks for your fantastic job.
There will be an upgrade to the GPO for Firefox extension because Mark discovered a bug so I'll send it to you as soon as it's available.
In an older post, you said you'll transform the FFCE version to use this extension. Have you given up this idea ?

And once again (I asked you that a long time ago), as I haven't figured out how you manage to automatically create the mozilla.adm file, do you have a way to automatically extract all the settings for a specific extension ? That would help making an ADM by extension....

If this mozilla.adm file is extracted from an installed firefox, you could perhaps do the same thing with an installed firefox that includes all the extensions you offer in the Package Builder and I could make an adm file for each specific extensions.

Thanks in advance for your reply

Phreak

Post by Phreak » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:55 am

Is there a way to disable the auto-update property in the standard .msi (not CE).

This used to be disabled by deafult in frontmotion releases (at least I think), however with 2.0.0.2 it was left on. I had a user who's browser attempted to autoupgrade, however because they're not admin the upgrade failed, so they now see an attempt to upgrade that fails every time they start firefox. Obviously I can login as admin, update firefox, and all will be well, but I think this is the first time a frontmotion firefox msi auto updated. Was this feature re-enabled and are there any chances of having it disabled by default?

grunz

Post by grunz » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:36 am

I had a user who's browser attempted to autoupgrade, however because they're not admin the upgrade failed, so they now see an attempt to upgrade that fails every time they start firefox. Obviously I can login as admin, update firefox, and all will be well, but I think this is the first time a frontmotion firefox msi auto updated.
we're experiencing exactly the same issue here. in general, the auto-update-feature should just check if the user running firefox has local administrative rights before even attempting to perform an update. without that check the feature is completely useless and unfortunately only leads to a lot of confusion among the users.
the moment i found out that it behaves this way, i switched to the firefox community edition with adm support to disable the update feature completely, but now a lot of users tell me that their firefoxes crash quite often, although they didn't do anything special with it.... has anyone made similar experiences here?