Flash plugin vulnerability

Antti
Flash plugin vulnerability

Post by Antti » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:05 am

Hi.

DraconPern, I've asked this previously, and I guess it's OK, but I thought I'd better ask. Flash plugin 9.0.115 has got some security issues. I'm about to deploy the fixed Flash plugin (Adobe's MSI) to all machines, which have FFCE installed. Will there be problems (that you know of), since FFCE already has Flash enabled, and your forthcoming version probably has the new version also?

DraconPern
Site Admin

Re: Flash plugin vulnerability

Post by DraconPern » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:58 am

Shouldn't be a problem. I am not sure if FIrefoxCE will use the updated plugin since I think Adobe's MSI is ActiveX and there's a native plugin in the install.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

Antti

Post by Antti » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:41 am

I've got both AX and plugin based MSIs from Adobe. AX version has already been deployed for IE, but half of our computers have FFCE installed. If anyone is interested, here is the link: http://www.adobe.com/licensing/distribution/.

Antti

Post by Antti » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:16 am

For anyone's information: Flash plugin can be installed separately using Adobe's MSI. I did have problems with some old computers which had Flash installed earlier using web installer (I haven't dug into this really, and will not unless I have to). Firefox 2.0.0.14 will be available any day now and I presume DraconPern will include the updated Flash plugin.