Using a Central Store

Deim0s13
Using a Central Store

Post by Deim0s13 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:41 pm

Hi,

Just a quick question, has anyone tried implementing the policies when using a central store? I've tried converting the adm files to ADMX with the ADMXMigrator Tool from Microsoft unsuccessfully, so I have just imported the adm file, made a few changes and then applied the policy to a test machine but it doesn't seem to be picking up the policy at all (before anyone asks, YES I'm using the FrontMotion Firefox installation :roll: ). So I'm just wondering has anyone else had any experience using the adm files on a Domain that is using a central store for Group Policy.

Thanks,

Deim0s13

DraconPern
Site Admin

Re: Using a Central Store

Post by DraconPern » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:27 am

Hum... someone else said using the tool worked. Are you using the latest ADMXMigrator?
FrontMotion Lead Developer

Deim0s13

Post by Deim0s13 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:27 pm

I'm using v1.2 which is the latest version. I've tried migrating the adm a couple of times now and even on various OS version as our management server is a 2008 server and to eliminate that as an issue. I'm not actually receiving an error message when migrating the adm file, it's after copying the admx & adml files in the appropriate locations and then opening up a new GPO, I'm receiving parsing errors from the adml file, I receive similar error messages after converting MS Office 2k3 adm files and have raised this issue with FullArmour.

That isn't the grunt of the issue though, as I've now imported the adm file into an empty GPO that is stored in a central store and it imports fine, under Administrative Templates I have the folder Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) as expected and can see the Mozilla\Firefox adm and it's settings, but these are not being applied when I make any changes. I've double checked all my security filtering and I can see that the machine is receiving the policy, just nothing is being set, again yes I'm using your MSI though it is the latest version, I might try an older version just as a test.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Deim0s13

lbc

Post by lbc » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:32 pm

DraconPern wrote:Hum... someone else said using the tool worked. Are you using the latest ADMXMigrator?
I doesn't work well on the mozilla.adm template, I've had the same experience as Deims0s13 which I've described in this new thread : http://forums.frontmotion.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=571.
Lucas B. Cohen