After upgraded to FF 3.6 - tab "updates"options - grayed out

Bob123
After upgraded to FF 3.6 - tab "updates"options - grayed out

Post by Bob123 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:00 pm

Hello,

We have a variety of Firefox versions on my LAN, 3.0.x and 3.5.x. I want to upgrade all to the latest Firefox 3.6 by Group Policy in a Server 2003 Domain. None were ever installed with FrontMotion

I downloaded the latest FrontMotion MSI for 3.6, setup a GP on Server 2003. After I upgraded Firefox on a few desktops to the latest 3.6, I noticed the following. With Firefox opened -----

I click on tools/options/advanced/update
Under ---- Automatically check for updates to:
Firefox, Add-on's are unchecked and grayed out. ???? should not be
Only search engine is checked on

Would anyone know why ---- Firefox and add-on's are now unchecked and grayed out ?

This is only after I used the FrontMotion MSI to upgrade Firefox.

But --- if I install Firefox 3.6 as a new install from the internet, or if I upgrade an older version of Firefox to Firefox 3.6 from the internet --- nothing is grayed out under the Automatically check for updates to: Firefox add on's

I can not go further with the updates with the Firefox upgrade option off, all assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Bob

Bob123

Re: After upgraded to FF 3.6 - tab "updates"options - grayed out

Post by Bob123 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:18 am

Would you kindly explain - you tried it/did not work then you downloaded from a different source ? Did it ever work/what did you do to make it work ?

thanks,
Bob

GaGirrl

Re: After upgraded to FF 3.6 - tab "updates"options - grayed out

Post by GaGirrl » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Have you tried setting the Automatic update/Add-on settings in firefox.adm or mozilla.adm and adding those Administrative Templates via GPO? Both templates are available where you download the FrontMotion Community Edition.