FM won't load completely on Win2k

General impression, suggestions, ideas, etc.
Ben Hanson
FM won't load completely on Win2k

Post by Ben Hanson » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:23 pm

I've tested this out twice, both times with no success. Windows tries to start, but I end up with a blue screen(not bsod) with a completely collapsed window in the top right corner. Mouse still moves, but clicking and keyboarding does nothing. Boot to safe mode allows safe removal. Any ideas? Win2k, sp4

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:46 am

It sounds like the Flash plug-in is not working correctly. Does Internet Explorer show Flash correctly? Also, which version of the flash plug-in are you using?
FrontMotion Lead Developer

Ben Hanson

Still failing

Post by Ben Hanson » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:41 pm

Not being sure which version of flash I have installed, I went to Macromedia and updated to the latest version.

Version 7,0,19,0 installed successfully

Now when I boot, I don't even get the collapsed window, just a blank blue screen, with working mouse. Again, booting to safe mode allows disabling of FrontMotion.

Ben Hanson

Post by Ben Hanson » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:44 pm

Yes, flash displays correctly. Would it matter if Firefox was the default browser?

Ben Hanson

More tests

Post by Ben Hanson » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:44 pm

I updated Flash for Firefox and set IE6 as Default browser. Still the same.

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:38 pm

Curious, does the control panel applet display the themes correctly?
FrontMotion Lead Developer

Ben Hanson

Control Panel looks OK

Post by Ben Hanson » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:26 pm

Yep, it looks quite enticing. I vaguely remember trying to install a flash based dock application and having it fail due to a security setting in Win2k. Same problem didn't apply to XP, and the 2k issue was post sp2, I think. I'll see if I can find references to it.