Remote Desktop

General impression, suggestions, ideas, etc.
Remote Desktop

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:11 pm

Hello, Remote desktop fails when trying to login from an XP SP2 workstation to another XP SP2 workstation on a Windows domain. Post-submission of logon credentials, the client workstation hangs until it seems to time-out. I love this and would like to work out the bugs so we can deploy it corp-wide. Any more info, let me know. Thanks a mil

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:37 pm

Hello, can you verify that the Windows Firewall isn't blocking the connection? I have test machines with SP2 on domains and RDP works correctly.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:23 pm

Yes, there is a domain policy disabling the firewall on SP2 machines and double-checking verified that it was off. I actually tried a different computer today and it worked...somewhat ok. The login took quite a bit longer than it should have over Gbe. It wasn't really an issue of flash animation speed, but after submitting credentials, the login process takes pretty long. Thanks for getting back

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:24 am

I am curious, when it appears to hang, try doing alt-tab (or Alt-pageup in RDP). There may be hidden messages that popped up behind the interface.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:22 am

There aren't any messages popping up. If you let it sit though it'll eventually login. As previously stated, I don't think it's an issue with bandwidth because the PC I was testing it with (and my own) are on gigabit to each other.