old questions revisited

General impression, suggestions, ideas, etc.
KaptenTrumm
old questions revisited

Post by KaptenTrumm » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:00 am

1- screen saver launch button
2- custom avatar/ (like WXP login menu)

by the way - I just found this thing few days ago and its looks really
fine and intresting thing - I was looking it has up and running some 2 years or so - and I only find some 8 themes ?

http://www.efplace.com and home page !
anyone hase moreinfo ?

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:41 am

Screen saver launch button? the screen saver shouldn't be affected by FMLogin.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

Saymaad

Post by Saymaad » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:15 am

1- screen saver launch button
Well if you want to say a button in login state that launches the screen saver I dont think its possible (Dont know if Eric can do this)
2- custom avatar/ (like WXP login menu)
From day 1 this has been a great issue but FrontMotion has not done anything yet, but there is an addon I have programmed as soon as I finish beta testing I will release it here it will cure many common issue's with FMLogin.
I was looking it has up and running some 2 years or so - and I only find some 8 themes ?

http://www.efplace.com and home page !
anyone hase moreinfo ?
So you are talking about levi989's site yes its the first site that has FMLogin Themes thumbs up for the developer I think he will make more,
uptil now I have created 20 themes for FMLogin(previously uploaded at Megaupload) but stoped working on them and will upload them with the addon for FMLogin, uptil then only Levi has a collection on net I dont know if other users are thinking to work in this project.

I hope I answered all of your questions if something is left post it here and I will soon reply to you.
Your ultimate stop for FMLogin resources.
http://www.samars.info

All the themes will be available with the release of Dynamic Login in December 2008.

KaptenTrumm

few more things ... for now atleast ;-)

Post by KaptenTrumm » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:32 am

when I press WinKey+L I will get the logon screen - is it possible to get some kind of picture or screen saver first and then after You move mouse or hit the key I get user logon screen.
reason is when I leaving from my desk I want to have in the screen something like family/office party/etc pic or some thing else like that ....
then maybe something like quick note (like marquee ssaver) - I am leaving from desk and will write note "will be back 14:00" "out off launch" ... and it will work like screen saver or something ...
and maybe some easy (very very )easy way to add company logo in somewhere on the logon screen - example left side from logon boxes ...
from options you have small button "browse" then you find gif jpg or png image and after this it will be displayed on the left side currently empty space it should be nice feature for some company to customize screen just little bit...

just a ideas - no pressure guys ;-)))

Saymaad

Post by Saymaad » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:29 am

when I press WinKey+L I will get the logon screen - is it possible to get some kind of picture or screen saver first and then after You move mouse or hit the key I get user logon screen.
There are two ways to do this

1.You can set your screen saver timer to 1 min and choose "On resume, password protect" option from the same window. This will run the selected screen saver after you are inactive for more then 1 min and when you move your mouse it will take you to the login screen.(The easiest way set this option on and leave your computer with prefered screen saver)

2.You can create a theme that show a movie clip containing images or what ever you like on the topmost layer and program a script that detect the mouse movement and then hides that clip.(preety much complicated but will work with WinKey + L)
and maybe some easy (very very )easy way to add company logo in somewhere on the logon screen - example left side from logon boxes ...
This is can be done if you edit one of predefined themes, you can add when ever and what ever. Although if you dont know flash you can wait for the Release of Dynamic Login Rc 1 it has some themes that have this type of functionality for custom logo & text in login screen but that is also theme specific like FMLogin.

I hope I answered all of your questions if something is left post it here and I will soon reply.
Your ultimate stop for FMLogin resources.
http://www.samars.info

All the themes will be available with the release of Dynamic Login in December 2008.