Maybe just to state the obvious?

General impression, suggestions, ideas, etc.
rubberkitty
Maybe just to state the obvious?

Post by rubberkitty » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:09 pm

I know I am probably being too nit picky or just being stupid. :wink:

I noticed on your Frontmotion Login Page under the System Requirements doesn't mention you need to have Macromedia Flash Player.

You might want to state what minimum version # and maybe a link to thier web page.

Saymaad

Post by Saymaad » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:57 am

Well its just because FMLogin comes with the latest version of Flash embedded in the installer ;)
Your ultimate stop for FMLogin resources.
http://www.samars.info

All the themes will be available with the release of Dynamic Login in December 2008.

rubberkitty

Post by rubberkitty » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:21 am

If FMLogin comes with the latest version of Flash embedded in the installer then there is a problem, I just recently reinstalled Windows XP SP2 with FMLogin 1.1.1.293 and it did not work properly until I intstalled flash.

Saymaad

Post by Saymaad » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:52 am

FMLogin 1.1.1.293
didn't you meant 1.1.5.293 ?
Ok the problem is that currently FMLogin has Flash Player 8(for IE) which is embedded into its installer and you can choose whether to install it or not when installing FMLogin, and FMLogin dose not run any service to detect the Flash version and uses the default installed for Internet Explorer.
When you reintalled XP (using upgrade function of the installer) it rewrited the Flash Player for IE from version 8 to version 6.
I have also faced this earlier but its a good idea to disable FMLogin before upgrading your OS and then re-enable it after upgrading, for security reasons like this ;)

All the themes will be available with the release of Dynamic Login in December 2008.

rubberkitty

Post by rubberkitty » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:19 pm

Yes, I thats what meant 1.1.5.293. :)
This was a complete reinstallation of WXP PRO SP2 (not an upgrade) and installed my necessary drivers and did not install any form of flash when I installed fresh copy of FMLogin.

Saymaad

Post by Saymaad » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:48 am

If you formated and did a complete new install of XP and then you installed FMLogin 1.1.5.293 & choose a typical install it would have installed the Flash Player 8 but if the sequence I discribed is out it was a problem from your side :lol:
like :
1.You installed xp over another OS, on which FMLogin was previously installed.
2.You installed an application that installed a previous version of Flash Player.
3.You used custom install and deselected the Flash Player.
or something like this 8)

rubberkitty

Post by rubberkitty » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:15 am

Here is what I have done.

1.You installed xp over another OS, on which FMLogin was previously installed.

No. It was a complete clean intstall from scratch.

2.You installed an application that installed a previous version of Flash Player.

Only the necessary drivers were installed manually (not from a manufacturers disk that may have a flash menu. Loaded lastest drivers from over network from a direct file.)

3.You used custom install and deselected the Flash Player.

No. Used the default settings during install. (not custom)

After installing FMLogin and rebooting it showed the default FMLogin screen but, could not use mouse or tab to fields with keyboard. I had to use the alt+tab to bring up the windows login window. Then I loaded flash player 8 from Macromedia's web page. After that everything worked fine and this has happened on more that one machine.

Saymaad

Post by Saymaad » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:57 am

As you mentioned above you have done nothing wrong and also there is nothing wrong too with the FMLogin setup I think it was just a co-incident better see what the admin has to say about this :?