Won't Log In

General impression, suggestions, ideas, etc.
Eric
Won't Log In

Post by Eric » Tue May 30, 2006 3:49 pm

I just installed this software not 5 minutes ago on my computer.. It installed and asked me to reboot. I did.

It asked me to type ctrl+alt+del to begin. I did. I left it exactly as it appeared and in the password box, I typed in my password exactly as I've been typing it forever.

It tells me my password is wrong.

I'm on another computer in my house at the moment trying to figure why it won't let me access my computer.
Is there some sort of default password for when you first log on?

If not, am I screwed? How can I remove this program? Things like this really annoy me and I'd like some help from someone that knows..

Eric

Post by Eric » Tue May 30, 2006 4:10 pm

I'm trying some things on the TroubleShooting page at the moment. None of them seem to be working. It just won't accept my password. Kinda like somehow during the install, my password was totally changed. Which is why I asked if there was some sort of default for the first time.

Right now, I'm trying the whole SafeMode thing. But even then, it wouldn't accept my password.

Eric

Post by Eric » Tue May 30, 2006 5:47 pm

Actually.. It tells me the supplied identity is wrong or some nonsense like that.. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Or how to get around it?

Eric

Post by Eric » Tue May 30, 2006 5:54 pm

I tried holding down the left shift button also to try and bypass it. It doesn't work either.

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Wed May 31, 2006 5:56 pm

Are you running XP home edition? Is the username correct? Also check to make sure the 'domain' is the name of the computer.

It is very likely you can login using 'Administrator' and no password to login since that is the default for Windows XP w/ a welcome screen.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

Eric

Post by Eric » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:17 pm

I am using Home Edition, the username was corect as was the domain. It also would not let me use the default Administrator login because it gave me an error saying blank passwords don't work or something..

I did finally get the SafeMode command prompt to work though and I did the whole new registry thing to get around it and I uninstalled it..

It looks like a neat program if I could get it to work.. Although it does lack a bit on high-end aesthetics, I think (it looks tacky..). Some of the normal Windows welcome screens look way better and cooler than that thing does.. The flash is cool though.

I was mainly looking for a clock for the welcome screen.. So I guess I shall continue my search.