Viewing logged-in users

General impression, suggestions, ideas, etc.
FUSwitching
Viewing logged-in users

Post by FUSwitching » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:04 am

While using the fast user switching, it would be useful if not mandatory, to have the ability to view the list of currently logged-in users, each appearing with their respective domain.

Currently, if one wishes to shutdown the computer, he can't know who is logged in ... kinda embarassing !

As well, in order to make F.U.S. more convenient, it would be nice to have the ability to manage a custom list of frequent users, with their associated domain (XP pro only) in the FrontMotion Login control panel.

Then users would only have to select their name in the login screen and the domain would be filled-in.
If they don't appear in the custom list, they would type their name and select their domain.

FM Login would then be really useable (and buyable !) in corporate environment.
Don't you think it would be a good idea to implement these functionalities ?

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:15 am

Thanks for the feedback! One other person asked for a customized list of users from the Domain so it looks like it's pretty important. Let me look into it a bit deeper. =)
FrontMotion Lead Developer

birchyboy

FUS

Post by birchyboy » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:44 am

I agree it might be useful, but I would like to have hidden user status as admin. I take it that if it can be implemented at all, hidden users would not be a great additional problem?
"There is nothing either good or bad, but only thinking that it is makes it so" Shakespeare

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:12 am

DELETED

gregmac

Post by gregmac » Tue May 02, 2006 4:01 pm

I second the request for a list of logged-in users when on a domain. The only way to tell if you're logged on to a computer is to try logging on.. obviously if you're not already logged in, you will be :)