User settings?

Ideas, suggestions
eyedude
User settings?

Post by eyedude » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:02 pm

I recently purchased this system used and I am trying to change resolution on the D1 as well as changing the look of the prints. Is this possible?

eyedude

Re: User settings?

Post by eyedude » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:58 pm

Update:

I did 8 angiograms with the system today and the prints took almost 6 minutes each. The software is good, but it has total control of image size - 3 Megapixels is was too big without some sort of compression. I would be happy with 2 MP, but I can't find where to change this. Is anyone out there who knows about this product? What have your users done about the reversed image?

Thanks.

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:24 pm

Which version of the software are you using? You can check this by going to Help -> About
FrontMotion Lead Developer

eyedude

Post by eyedude » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:27 pm

Version 1.0.328.7 Using the Nikon D1X

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Let's fix the reversed image problem first. DO you mean the image is upside down?

Also, which printer are you using?

eyedude

Post by eyedude » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:48 pm

The image is upside down and reversed in the camera viewfinder. The software inverts the images correctly. Does Nikon make a viewfinder attachment that corrects this? Is it possible to change the size of the images? I need images of 1 MB or less with compression sized no larger that 1024. The camera allows no adjuctments when attached to the computer. I don't have a lot of experience with the D1X so maybe it's me.

I'm using my HP 3140 but the guy I got the system from has an Epson 200 that came with it. I'll get it from him next week. It appears this system is at least 5 years old. Am I close?

I was in the ophthalmic imaging business with 2 companies. The consistent problem was sending huge image composites of 9 images that spooled at 90 megabytes. They found a way to make the images in the composite much smaller and consequently speed up the printing time. I typically put 9 images on a page in landscape. It would be nice to save the composite image as a separate image. It would also be nice to be able to put color and B&W images on the same print. I did it by mistake and crashed the software.

On the plus side, your software appears very stable and I have not seen the amount of lockups and other glitches common to some imaging companies software. They release buggy software so they can collect their money and pass the problem to tech support and the field guys ( I was a field guy). As an old ophthalmic photographer, I know how it was before digital and companies like yours fill the needs of the do it yourselfer doctor and photographer who don't want to spend $30,000 for an imaging system not much better than yours.

Thanks for the reply and any insight you can give will be greatly appreciated.

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:11 pm

eyedude wrote:The image is upside down and reversed in the camera viewfinder.
This is a limitation of the camera unfortunately. We are hoping to use a new camera in the future that can display a live video on computer before the capture.
eyedude wrote: It appears this system is at least 5 years old. Am I close?
Yes, It's about 5 years old.
eyedude wrote: I was in the ophthalmic imaging business with 2 companies. The consistent problem was sending huge image composites of 9 images that spooled at 90 megabytes. They found a way to make the images in the composite much smaller and consequently speed up the printing time. I typically put 9 images on a page in landscape. It would be nice to save the composite image as a separate image. It would also be nice to be able to put color and B&W images on the same print. I did it by mistake and crashed the software.
If my understanding is correct, you need lower quality prints? I'll also see if printing images from multiple studies can be done (to have color & BW) on the same print.
eyedude wrote:On the plus side, your software appears very stable and I have not seen the amount of lockups and other glitches common to some imaging companies software.
Thanks!

eyedude

Post by eyedude » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:00 pm

I've used the system a few more times and am starting to get used to it. I got a Canon iP90 which is much faster than the HP and due to the size of the image composites (6 on a page landscape) print well using the normal setting instead of best.

One thing, If I could reposition the header information and change fonts and font sizes.

Leaving the internal fixation pointer in place makes things a little easier. I'm getting a 2X eyepiece magnifier to better see the image through the viewfinder. Does Nikon make a reversing eyepiece like Canon's?

Thanks!