Can FFCE be config'd to not allow users to download files?

ReedMikel
Can FFCE be config'd to not allow users to download files?

Post by ReedMikel » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Hi,
I just learned about FM and downloaded the FireFox 2.09 .msi today, as well as the FF.adm template. I am an IT admin for several companies and want to keep FireFox as their browser. But I want to be able to prevent some users (or computers) from being able to download anything thru FireFox. I was hoping that FFCE and its .adms would be the solution. But I do not see any obvious settings to disable downloads...

OTOH, AD settings for IE includes "Allow file downloads" under Windows Components->IE->Security Page->Internet Zone, so it's easy to prevent users (or computers) from downloading files...

I sure hope FF can be centrally administered thru AD like IE can?

Many thanks!

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:23 pm

Hum.. Firefox doesn't appear to have a corresponding setting for that. May be some custom code is in order.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

ReedMikel

Post by ReedMikel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:59 am

DraconPern wrote:Hum.. Firefox doesn't appear to have a corresponding setting for that. May be some custom code is in order.
Hi - any feeling as to whether this feature will get added - and if so, how soon might that be? I hate to have my clients using IE, but it does offer an easy way to prevent downloads thru AD...

Thanks!