deploying certificate site wide

DraconPern
Site Admin
deploying certificate site wide

Post by DraconPern » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:00 am

A few people have asked about deploying certificates with Firefox. In the short term, this can only be done manually (through a recompile), and only on the community edition. If you need this, please email me to get more info. If you can wait, I plan to add the certificate functionality to the packager which will also allow site specific certificates with the official binary. However, that part of the packager is still needs development.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

jbuchanan32

Re: deploying certificate site wide

Post by jbuchanan32 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:09 am

Has anyone been able to recomplile the .MSI to include the your company's own root certificates and etc.?

golderm

Post by golderm » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:54 am

DraconPern wrote:A few people have asked about deploying certificates with Firefox. In the short term, this can only be done manually (through a recompile), and only on the community edition. If you need this, please email me to get more info. If you can wait, I plan to add the certificate functionality to the packager which will also allow site specific certificates with the official binary. However, that part of the packager is still needs development.
Hi Dracon,

Any news on this, or more info on distributing a cert would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

accesscapital

Post by accesscapital » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:14 am

I'd be very interested in any developments here too.

We currently use GPO's to install and configure CE, and to configure IE. We can push our internal root CA's cert into the trusted CAs section of the Windows certificate store, so IE trusts our internal certs, but Firefox of course ignores the Windows cert store. A way of making FF CE trust our root CA would be fantastic!

Cheers,

Ryan Trainor
Access Capital Advisers