How to force enable AdBlock Plus

vtk
How to force enable AdBlock Plus

Post by vtk » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Hey guys;

@Pendragon: Dude the new packager RULES! I LOVE IT! :) Thank you for taking into consideration our comments about certificates and add-ons!

Issue: I've created a 9.0.1 package and bundled it with ABP. The upgrade from 3.6.12 (our old base) to 9.0.1 goes smoothly. However, upon running the browser we discover that by default ABP is disabled.

Attempts to fix: I've tried adding the lockPref("extensions.alwaysUnpack", true); and lockPref("extensions.adblockplus.enabled", true); settings and have verified that indeed upon install there is a mozilla.cfg file in the root and it does contain the 2 settings as expected with no result! :/

Can someone help me? We really need to get going on this deployment, and ABP is a must for us.

Thanks!

--VTK

vtk

Re: How to force enable AdBlock Plus

Post by vtk » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:09 pm

17 views and no replies? Com'on, are you guys telling me that noone has deployed AdBlockPlus in their installs and ran into this issue?

jpa

Post by jpa » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:00 pm

I don't use the packager so I can't replicate what you're seeing. How are you getting past the "Select your Add-Ons" security dialog on first run? Are you enabling ABP on this screen manually or have you changed the deploy to skip this screen?

CGirardy

Post by CGirardy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:11 am

In packager v2, I'm adding this in the CFG tab :
lockPref("extensions.checkCompatibility",false);
lockPref("extensions.checkCompatibility.nightly",false);
lockPref("extensions.checkCompatibility.7.0",false);
lockPref("extensions.checkCompatibility.7.0a",false);
lockPref("extensions.checkCompatibility.7.0b",false);
lockPref("extensions.checkCompatibility.7.1",false);
lockPref("extensions.checkCompatibility.8.0",false);
lockPref("extensions.checkCompatibility.8.0a",false);
lockPref("extensions.checkCompatibility.8.0b",false);
lockPref("extensions.checkCompatibility.8.1",false);
lockPref("extensions.checkCompatibility.9.0",false);
lockPref("extensions.checkCompatibility.9.0a",false);
lockPref("extensions.checkCompatibility.9.0b",false);
lockPref("extensions.checkCompatibility.9.1",false);
lockPref("nightly.disableCheckCompatibility",true);

The problem since v8.x is that all add-ons are not enabled by default, you have to enable them manually

EDIT : For me, the FrontMotion 9.0.1 edition is not working well. I have downgraded all my computers (400) back to v8.0.1.
I'll investigate this problem. The main problem is that you cannot start the add-ons window... I don't know why but I'll search

EDIT : I found what my problem was : it's Tab Mix Plus extension that screws up my Firefox. I have it on my computer running OK in Firefox 9.0.1 but when I install the FM package that includes it and activate it, it prevents me from starting the Add-On page... and other things.
What is strange is that I also had the problem with FMF 8.0.1 US version today... and not in French version.
That's a bit weird

simona

Post by simona » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:45 am

At Adblock Plus we are currently working on deployment solutions. You can read more here: https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewforum ... 99d2341e83 or just shoot me an e-mail: deployment-support@adblockplus.org