Plugins and homepage

pcozzy
Plugins and homepage

Post by pcozzy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:21 am

Our school district uses MDT to image Windows 7 64-bit pcs, and AD to administer GPOs. (I am learning by fire.) An image was created in February 2013 and distributed to three schools in district. Updates using a GPO to Java, Quicktime, VLC, Flash, Shockwave, and Firefox (Firefox-22.0-en-US) were distributed in July 2013. They are managed by an FF ADM acquired from Sourceforge for v17.

And in true form of my timing, Firefox had an update (to Firefox-23.0.1-en-US) immediately after the July update went out. Once this msi was distributed, the ADM stopped working.

Current state of district's pc image includes Win7 64-bit, Flash 11.8.800 and plugin, Shockwave 11.6 and 12.0.3, Java 7.0.25 update 25 (32 and 64 bit), VLC 2.0.7, IE 9.0.8112, FF 23.0, Chrome 30.0.1599. Firefox is preferred browser.

The most important thing the AMD is needed for is setting the homepage to the school's page. The other items are considered luxuries: Suppressing update page after update; disabling auto update; disable use of IE settings; disable proxy settings; clear FF data on exit; disable save data form; disable download directory; and, new pages opened in new tab.

In a test environment, ran msi of FrontMotion FF v24 (FMFirefoxCEESR-24.0-en-US) and it worked, however, two big issues...1) all plugins (flash, java, shockwave updates, etc.) are not recognized although installed and correct version viewed in programs, and 2) homepage worked but will not allow a change after initial page set (tested http://www.wsdvt.org to http://www.google.com.) I do use gpupdate /force on test machine in between changes to policy.

I removed all the settings from the ADM previously downloaded from Sourceforge, then removed it and reinstalled the ADM from your site and tried multiple combinations of firefox.adm and mozilla.adm to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

DraconPern
Site Admin

Re: Plugins and homepage

Post by DraconPern » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:37 pm

What Can you link to the FF ADM you installed?
FrontMotion Lead Developer

pcozzy

Post by pcozzy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:50 am

I am not sure what you are asking. What can I link to the ADM? Are you referring to the plugins?

In the past, I can update FF (not using FrontMotion) and all the installed plugins are recognized. Are you saying that I am missing a step and need to link them somehow?

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:57 am

FrontMotion Lead Developer

pcozzy

Post by pcozzy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:19 am

Recently, I took the ADM from the bottom of the FrontMotion products page http://www.frontmotion.com/FMFirefoxCE/ ... efoxce.htm.

Originally, I had used the one from the Sourceforge download. I removed all the settings and deleted the ADM, then installed the one from FrontMotion on my AD server. I used the directions for Common Configurations, but only needed homepage and browser check settings.