FF-FMCE 26, GPO-Setting won't work

maerad
FF-FMCE 26, GPO-Setting won't work

Post by maerad » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:17 pm

Hiya,

tried some things (and google too), but no answer to this - maybe someone from here can help me.

First time using FrontMotion FF ... well, might be a newbie thing.

I just started to deploy FF FMCE 26 with WSUS and it get's installed without problems.
Browser itself works fine.

For the GPO Settings I use the mozilla.admx/adml and the settings get applied ("locked" with the correct settings/values in the about:config).

Problem is, that the browser has the settings enabled but won't use them. The only setting I used so far is NETWORK.AUTOMATIC.NTLM.AUTH.TRUSTED.URIS with value "servername".
When I set it manually it works and the auth goes with passtru. If it's set with gpo, it is applied in the settings, but the browser won't use it/asks for an auth.

Any idea what kind of magic I have to use here?

Thanks so much!

DraconPern
Site Admin

Re: FF-FMCE 26, GPO-Setting won't work

Post by DraconPern » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:53 pm

Can you check if the value you entered in the GPO doesn't have extra spaces?
FrontMotion Lead Developer

maerad

Post by maerad » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:18 am

DraconPern wrote:Can you check if the value you entered in the GPO doesn't have extra spaces?
Yeah, I did, no spaces. Also with GPReport I see the GPO is active and the correct value is set. Also the Browser itself has the value enabled (about:config, "locked").

I only have this one setting active and it's the only needed. On the same PC without the GPO and a manual set of the value, it works just fine.

Btw. I forgot to tell what we use ... Server 2012 AD/DC, Client Windows 7 x64, using the mozilla.amdx/adml from the download page.

The deployed File is: FMFirefoxCE-26.0-de.msi

Maybe I got the wrong File? Hard to say which one is the correct one, no real explanation about the files I can DL or what they stand for :)

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:36 am

You've got the right file, let me see if I can replicate this issue in my environment.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

maerad

Post by maerad » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:33 am

Hi Dracon,

I just added 2 screenys from FM Firefox. Both installed from the same MSI, ntlm is the variable per GPO, the other one was manually changed. There are no other mods.

NTLM dosnt work, NTLM2 does just fine.

On both PC's I didn't open the site I need the NTLM Passtru before.

Hope this helps a bit :)
Attachments
ntlm2.PNG
FM Firefox manually
ntlm2.PNG (13.6KiB)Viewed 9084 times
NTLM.png
FM Firefox GPO
NTLM.png (25.89KiB)Viewed 9084 times

Timo

Post by Timo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:25 am

Same here, a fresh installed 26.0 doesn't take any of the GPO settings. 24.x works fine, though.