Disabling / Restricting Flash Plugin using GPO Template

sconsulting
Disabling / Restricting Flash Plugin using GPO Template

Post by sconsulting » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:36 am

Due to the recent 0-day exploits in Adobe Flash, I am trying to disable the flash plugin using the GPO template. Is there any way to do that using Frontmotion CE 38.0.5? As an intermediate solution I've tried to enable click to play using the plugins.click_to_play = enabled and media.autoplay.enabled = disabled, although the settings get propagated to the clients, Adobe Flash still starts automatically. Another solution would be to set the plugin.state.flash = 1, however that setting doesn't exist in the ADM template.

Any hints greatly appreciated!

farmersWPSD

Re: Disabling / Restricting Flash Plugin using GPO Template

Post by farmersWPSD » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:41 am

Not a solution, but Flash was updated to block the Hacking Team exploits, so updating that would be the first step.

sconsulting

Post by sconsulting » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:19 pm

Thanks for pointing that out, just deployed the latest Flash update. It still would be nice to have the ability to enable the click to play functionality though...

MonkeyBoy

Post by MonkeyBoy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:31 pm

There is an extension called click to play per element which does an admirable job of making all plugin content click to play, though admittedly it does break some sites (the object you need to click to play ends up being placed off screen for "control freak" reasons). While that extension can be configured through various about:config settings, I'm pretty sure you would need to purchase the packager service from FM to create a FMF package with it integrated.

sconsulting

Post by sconsulting » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:14 pm

Thanks for the tip, appreciate it!