suggestions

General impression, suggestions, ideas, etc.
klasiphyd
suggestions

Post by klasiphyd » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:20 pm

offhand suggestions (aka 'the first two things i noticed/wanted') .. duel(+) head support for multi monitors & compatibility with autologon 'progs' like TweakUI/PowerToys..

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:39 pm

Noted!

I have been thinking about multiple monitor support (I actually develop it on a multimonitor system), but I wasn't sure what kind of information or graphics to put on the other monitors. Having just another duplicate running no the other screen seems kind of boring. Any suggestions?

Ok, I will try to get autologon into the next or two release.
FrontMotion Lead Developer

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:43 am

can u make it where we can put whatever flash stuff we want on the 2nd monitor?

lets see need more themes

make a option so alt ctl del brings up task manager instead of front motion first

some sort of tutorial flash is hard :/

something like windows login on xp that shows # of emails course i suppose we could have flash connect to a server to check and display that info

sitting for awhile

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:47 am

Is there anyway you could make it so that when you let FrontMotion sit at the login, after a certain amount of time it will fade out alittlebit, or maybe some kind of feature within the theme that makes it act as a screen saver.

Just an idea, would be cool if it would just fade out after like 4mins of sitting.

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:23 pm

The fade out idea is good, but I think it should be left up to the theme developer to put it in. Thoughts?

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:28 pm

Looks like you're working on everything I want, except for user icons.

Seems mine disappeared off of the start menu. It would be nice if it would show up on there and the login again if it is possible.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:52 pm

can the default screensaver be triggered from within the flash file?

DrJ

Post by DrJ » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:47 am

Would like to see the ability to have specific themes on specific days. FrontMotion would see that it's the 23rd of December, and show a Christmas logon..

hpj

Set Low resolution as Standard resolution via Control panel

Post by hpj » Fri May 06, 2005 3:32 pm

Excellent piece of software!
Is it possible to display Flash-Login always with lower resolution?
Perhaps via FrontMotion Control panel.
On my "old" PC (Pentium II 350) High resolution is 10 to 20 times slower
than Low resolution! :?

Saymaad

FMLogin=Great Tool,These will make it greatest

Post by Saymaad » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:32 am

A heads up.

In the next version of FMLogin, there will be intergrated previews. Existing preview.swf will still work, but the easier way is to only have login.swf. This makes it easier since you will only need to update one fla/swf file instead of two. The only thing extra that needs to be done is a little cut and paste of a script. I am updating all the themes and will be posting the fla later on.

For this to work, the control panel will load login.swf and set the FMPreview variable to 1. In your login.swf, when you stop(), you check for FMPreview and call a timer which will play the movie to the next frame after a timeout. Both scripts will be in the updated fla.

Is it possible to interact the login with registry?? well it would've been great if we could simply read some registry values like current OS version registered user and user picture location it will make the login show the logos of OS and user pictures of the user set in control panel. (I think i've made myself clear in it)

Plus the control panel is very small I have made slight adjustments to it and will later post a preview here now it looks something like a pro 8)

Waiting for ur responce my themes u know are waiting for the above changes :D

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:35 am

I will be glad when the above thing will arive, cause making previews over and over again is very booring pause of 30 default frames will be great .
I know what you mean, I got pretty tired of it myself too when I started to make lots of changes to the themes.
Is it possible to interact the login with registry?? well it would've been great if we could simply read some registry values like current OS version registered user and user picture location it will make the login show the logos of OS and user pictures of the user set in control panel. (I think i've made myself clear in it)
Will have to look into this one and see how it can be done generally and still have good security.

Saymaad

Post by Saymaad » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:49 am

Will have to look into this one and see how it can be done generally and still have good security.
Is the FMPreview in your tasklist of FMLogin creation ?

I only need something to read specific registry keys not to modify them.

Thnx always for the most earliest replies :)
Your ultimate stop for FMLogin resources.
http://www.samars.info

All the themes will be available with the release of Dynamic Login in December 2008.

Saymaad

Post by Saymaad » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:21 am

sorry for the stupidest question but why is my avature not showing up ???

All the themes will be available with the release of Dynamic Login in December 2008.

DraconPern
Site Admin

Post by DraconPern » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:54 pm

Yup FMPreview is implemented in the next version.

and the avatar problem is fixed, you'll need to reupload it

Saymaad

Post by Saymaad » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:54 am

Sorry if my messages bugs you :( but i wanted to knew when exactly will the new version release ? could you please post a date ?

And in the download section of your website why dont you give the release date of current version. It'll be good to see that.

ahh.. and what about my registry request ?? Have you also noted that ??
Just we will set some variable example 3. The control panel will get it as read 3 registry keys than in flash we set reg_key1 to reg_key3 it will be enough to read 3 keys, 1 for windows version, 2nd for wallpaper or userpic & third what ever is important ??

I have made some adjustments to you control panel applet please check the image and tell me is it ok to have that and can distribute it as a patch on my website with your login ?? full credits will be yours? Is it legal ?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RJOEKQGX

Sorry for asking too much but I am just curious.